Buying crystals is an investment, and every genuine crystal user knows that well in advance. The power of crystals is immense, and sometimes people, according to their specific needs, also believe in creating a collection of crystals.
- 1 A round-up of our recommended products
- 2 Why crystals are delicate to maintain and carry around?
- 3 5 Best Ways to Carry Crystals
- 4 What are the best methods and practices to carry them around safely?
- 5 Last word
A round-up of our recommended products
Why crystals are delicate to maintain and carry around?
Not all crystals can, indeed, be carried in the form of bracelets and chains, some crystals are to be taken along with you, and that is why they require extra care and protection. Some of the reasons that crystals are delicate to maintain are mentioned below:
#1. Not all crystals are hard; some are very soft, soft enough that it can get scratched with your nails.
#2. Every crystal has a different quality, size, and component. Some may be tumble stone; some may be unpolished or unpolished; others may be too fragile, and some may have sharp carves. Hence, carrying a variety of them together is not possible.
#3. Elements like sunlight, water, negative energies can all affect the crystal’s energy, appearance, longevity, and healing power.
#4. Some crystals are a part of chakra association and hence cannot be mixed with other crystals as it can cause them to lose their powers.
As you can seem, all forms of crystals are delicate to maintain.
Now you may be worried about what the best ways to carry crystals are so that these crystals are close to your skin and at the same time show their healing effects. The tested and proven ways below can be a help to you:
5 Best Ways to Carry Crystals
An individual can have one or multiple crystals, and there are specific predefined ways to store healing crystals so that their power remains intact. The below list will highlight some of the handiest methods and practices to carry crystals safely around you:
1. Pack the crystals carefully in silk scarf
When planning to store crystals at home, the best way is to pack these crystals in a silk scarf. This will avoid unnecessary unwanted events like scratch and damage to the crystals. Below is a list of some of the crystals that are highly fragile and can be scratched easily if not taken care of:
- Alexandrite/ Emerald / Ruby
2. Store Crystals in a Box
When you have a collection of distinct crystals, taking care of them while traveling is a must. If you are planning to carry these crystals, the best way will be to store them in a wooden box or antique chest.
Using a box for storage will not only increase the life of crystals but will keep them safe from breaking or damaging during the journey. When you reach your destination, you can also keep this crystal box near your bed to feel their positive energy.
Benefits of using storage box:
- The sturdy composite keeps crystals safe.
- Ample storage space helps to carry multiple crystals at a time.
- Box keeps the crystal dust-free.
- Boxes make crystals easy to carry.
- It keeps the crystals organized and, thus, increase their longevity
3. Carry Them as a Jewelry
This is one of the best ways to carry your precious crystal. All you need to do is insert them in a chain or ring. You can wear them while traveling, and in this way, it will be in direct contact with your skin. This method is especially suitable for carrying healing crystals. Some of the popular healing crystals are listed below:
- Rose Quartz
4. Pack Crystals in Carry Bags
Carrying crystals in a carry bag is one of the easiest and handiest ways. There are hundreds of plastic/jute hanging bags available in the market, which eases your mission of carrying crystals. You can keep these bags in your handbags, pockets, and even hang them on shelves.
5. Organize Crystals by Their Quality and Wrap Accordingly in Pouches
If you are planning to travel along with your crystals, you must know their quality. For example, some gems need special care like the following.
Amber is a crystal that can be easily scratched. Before wrapping amber in pouches, you need to follow a unique cleaning process. Take a mild soap and lukewarm water. Dip the amber in it for a few minutes.
Use a soft cloth to wipe it, and once it is polished, wrap in a separate pouch. If you find that the crystal is losing its lust, use a virgin oil to restore its shine.
Unlike other crystals, opals contain 10% of water, and that is why while carrying it along, you must ensure that it is not kept close to heat or in high temperature.
The best way to carry such crystals is to pack them in any pouch, and once you reach your destination, keep opals in a small container of water. This will retain their original color.
Similar to opals, pearls also have a water composition of approximately 2%, and hence, they must be given special attention. It is advised to keep pearls away from the exposure of acidic liquids like vinegar and red wine.
What are the best methods and practices to carry them around safely?
The below tips will help you carry crystals during long journeys:
- Keep large crystal stones separate from small and fragile stones.
- Use a soft bag or natural fabric to pack them for long journeys.
- Look for the crystal’s components and contains, and pack them accordingly.
- Learn about the cleaning process of crystals, clean them properly, and safely pack them.
- If storing crystals in a box or chest box, ensure that the box has an appropriate lining to avoid scratches or damages.
- Try to use black-colored cloth (or the color of that particular chakra which the crystal belongs) to wrap the crystal. This ensures it will absorb all the colors of the spectrum.
- Keep crystals away from electronic devices to safeguard both crystals and mobiles/laptops.
Yes, they can. As long as you know which ones work well together.
You can carry them as jewelry, wooden box, silk scarves or cloth pouches.