Let me tell you, starting a health and wellness business is not as difficult as it may seem.
As a wellness practitioner, you already have the urge to help people. So what’s stopping you? It’s the “business” part, right?
Thankfully, that part has simplified with today’s technology.
Once you choose your business idea, there are tools, techniques and strategies to support every step of building your business.
There are about a hundred businesses you can start in health and wellness – have you picked yours?
If yes, let me tell you this. You can start your business right away.
Have I convinced you yet?
Maybe you need to know FOR SURE that you’ve picked the right niche, before you take the plunge.
Let me help you with that.
I’ve put together a list of the top 20 health and wellness business ideas that are thriving today.
I’ll walk you through each idea.
And by the end of the post, maybe these health and wellness business ideas will give you the clarity that you need to finally take that first step.
Wellness coaching is a very lucrative profession. You have the comfort of training one persona at a time, be a solopreneur and easily make time for yourself.
Plus, a well-defined niche, a thorough training plan, and smart marketing hacks make it worth your time and effort.
Here’s why should consider it:
- It is one of the easiest health and business ideas you can adopt, if you already are a wellness practitioner.
- Being a wellness coach gives you the chance to work with individuals on a personal level.
- You can help people make changes in their diet, lifestyle, and exercise regimes. It can be a very profitable business venture too.
- It puts you in a position to recommend wellness products or other wellness services.
- Moreover, this profession allows flexibility with your work timings. You can take online sessions or take one-on-one classes.
Corporate Wellness Coach
Corporate wellness coaching is a natural step forward for a wellness coach. It is a niche market that’s steadily growing.
- Plenty of corporate giants are adopting practices like hiring a wellness consultant and adding wellness arenas to the workspace.
- Corporate wellness coaching pays really well. That’s because more and more companies are allocating funds and efforts for employee well-being. A healthy employee means lesser sick days and more productivity. It’s a win-win.
Companies want to help their employees, and you get to help them.
- Create a corporate wellness plan that any company would like to adopt.
- Start by creating a questionnaire for the company and get inputs on the aspects they’d love to change.
- Make kickass presentations that would appeal to the execs. If you get all these right, you’ll surely hit the corporate jackpot.
People are getting more food-conscious by the day. That fact is not changing anytime soon.
With a rock-solid team to support you with management and marketing, your healthy foods restaurant can:
- Be transparent about the ingredients, calorie content, etc. This will give your restaurant credibility compared to regular restaurants.
- Specialize in different styles of health-food: for. eg. Paleo-friendly, keto-friendly, vegan, raw vegan, etc.
- Have a ‘wellness lounge,’ where your wellness-centric customers can hang out, read, listen to audiobooks, etc.
Meal Planning services
If you already practice eating healthy foods, you can start a wellness business today. All you have to do is share your expertise with people who want it.
- Create meal plans for different requirements and sell it as a service. This includes weight loss, pregnancy, fitness, etc.
- You can charge your clients per plan or have a time-based contract.
- If you also plan to run a restaurant, this will give your restaurant credibility compared to regular restaurants.
Your reputation will drive in more customers and generate more money for you.
Health and Wellness Books
Wellness is a very personal topic. People like to read about other people’s experiences to figure out their road to wellness.
If you enjoy writing, why not write a book?
You can share your expertise in wellness and help many people around. You can start with one book and then create a series.
- Writing a book may seem overwhelming. But, it need not be. I have ghost-written at least 20 books. All you need is a simple structure.
- If you do not wish to publish your own book, help other wellness entrepreneurs with ghost-writing. With today’s technology, you can write a book without any hurdles.
- For editing, proofreading, book-designing, etc. you can hire a team of professionals. You can also hire freelancers and get those things done cheaply.
Consider the number of book readers in the wellness market. It’s huge, right?
With a little effort put into upping your writing game, wellness books can be a highly-rewarding business model.
Health and Wellness Podcasts
The number of people listening to podcasts has risen in the past 5 years. If you enjoy talking about health and wellness, a wellness podcast is a good business option.
- Interview wellness professionals from your niche and other streams of wellness.
- Ask them questions that many people are seeking the answers to.
- As your podcast gains more followers, you open up the door to sponsorships, ads, and other money-making opportunities.
Health and Wellness YouTube Channel
If you are not camera shy, you can start a wellness channel on YouTube. Just like a podcast, you can kickstart your wellness business, but on a much larger platform.
All you need is a video camera and basic video-editing skills. There are several online tools with which you can make a great YouTube video in minutes.
Keep your viewers hooked by putting out content that addresses their pain points, busts common myths and gives them actionable tips.
Have you recently started pursuing wellness and loved it? Do you have a technical background?
If you are good with technology, create a customized wellness app. You’ll find numerous people searching about wellness on their phones. You can create apps on:
- Healthy Habits
- Wellness Social Media
- Healthy habits, etc
Many believe that you need to have experience in wellness to start a business. However, that’s not necessarily true. It’s the intention that matters.
Software for wellness entrepreneurs
If you don’t want to start an app of your on, your technical expertise can help other wellness entrepreneurs boost their business, too.
This is a niche business opportunity for you.
You can create software that helps wellness professionals specifically.
This could be software for practice management, task management, client onboarding, e-learning, or the like.
Most wellness entrepreneurs are ready to pay a good buck for problem-solving software.
If your software takes care of their business, they can focus on what they do best – helping people.
If you practice wellness, share your experience. A blog is the easiest way to share your learnings. With today’s technology, you can set up your blog in minutes.
You can easily monetize your blog by making it a marketplace for courses, webinars, online summits and products.
The more traffic your blog gets, your commissions multiply.
Selling workout gears and clothing
More people want to workout at home instead of driving to the gym.
- Be that trusted workout gear seller who provides them with great options.
- You can specialize in gear for a specific form of exercise (for eg. yoga or cardio) or be a one-stop shop for all kinds of workout gear.
- Moreover, you can also target gyms for bulk orders.
- Good workout clothing proves to make for a great star-product. The market is huge and has a niche set of customers.
Selling dietary supplements and healthy foods
Today, more people aware of what they eat. Look around in your own social circle, and you may have seen this change.
People follow a number of diets around to achieve our wellness goals. But it’s difficult to follow them due to the lack of availability of certain foods or ingredients.
Also, some diets do lack certain nutrition. So, people opt for dietary supplements to reach that goal.
This creates another huge market for you to tap into. Be the medium and bridge that gap.
Start a healthy foods store that can cater to the needs of diet-conscious people. Be it nutrition bars, chia seeds, or detox teas, people are always looking out for healthier options.
Essential Oil Business
Essential oils are very popular among people who want to boost their natural health. The demand is constantly on the rise.
- Your focus needs to be on quality products.
- Choose your products and brands wisely.
- Make an effort to make your store’s display appealing.
- Also, look at options to set up an online shop to sell essential oils.
This way, you can maximize your sales and profit.
Sell Natural Beauty and Anti-Aging Products
Everyone wants to look younger, irrespective of gender. You can tap into this market by creating your own niche.
Start a business by selling natural products.
Most beauty products include a cocktail of chemicals. People have begun to stay away from such products. They prefer using natural ingredients that will not cause any side-effects.
All you have to do is be transparent about the stuff in the products you sell. And the trust you win will boost your business.
The spa business is a well-thriving one. Moreover, a spa business creates an umbrella for various wellness services.
You can start providing hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, reflexology, etc. all under one roof.
You can also rent out a slot at your spa to other wellness practitioners and generate profit.
Spas are very popular in urban areas where people are prone to work-related fatigue. Use this problem statement to design your unique, customized service packages.
Medical Marijuana Business
Medical marijuana is legalized in almost 30 states in the USA. For an entrepreneur like you, it means a new business opportunity.
Medical marijuana can be a very profitable business venture. It is useful for patients that need treatment for:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Appetite loss
- Crohn’s disease
- Muscle spasms
- Schizophrenia and PTSD
- Nausea, etc.
Wellness Studio Business
I’m sure that you have always dreamed of opening up your own wellness studio.
Well, it’s not a bad idea. If you are a thriving wellness practitioner, it is the logical next step.
- You can start off with a small studio where you take your own classes.
- If you can manage to gather enough funds, you can take up a bigger space.
- You can hire professionals from different avenues of wellness and run a profitable business.
Manufacturing Essential Oils
The demand for essential oils is high in the wellness industry.
If you can set up the infrastructure to extract essential oils from medicinal plants, you will have a long-lasting business. However, you must focus on quality products.
Also, since the competition is high, you should focus on the packaging. Creating appealing bottle designs will make your essential oils attractive to buyers.
Your prospective clients are not just health-conscious individuals. They include other wellness entrepreneurs as well.
Some wellness entrepreneurs like to purchase essential oils in bulk and offer it to their clients.
Companies with other wellness products might like your product. They might choose to sell it under their own brand name.
Special workout clothing
People who exercise regularly are constantly looking for good quality workout attires. You can enter the textile world with your own niche; wellness and workouts.
Research on the different types of material or design. Take inputs from your social circle and other wellness professionals. And you can come up with your own workout clothing brand.
You can set up a distribution chain or sell your workout clothes on online marketplaces. You can even hire a web designer and sell your product on your own website.
Herbal Medicine Business
Herbal medicine is a preference for many people because it doesn’t have any side-effects. It means that the demand for herbal medicine will never die.
If you wish to start a serious wellness business, manufacturing herbal medicines is a great choice. The fact that it appeals to the urban as well as the rural demographic makes it extremely profitable.
I hope this list has sparked some confidence in you to start your wellness business. This list is not the ultimate list yet.
I’ll keep adding more business ideas to this list as and when I come across them.
The point of this list is to let you know that you can start off with your wellness business today.
It can be a simple step like selling your expertise as a wellness coach. Or it can be a big step like setting up an essential oil manufacturing unit.
As wellness practitioners, you already have your intention in place – to help as many people as you can. Setting up a wellness business will expand your horizons to do just that.
If you have any queries about setting up your wellness business, simply email me. We’ll figure it out together.